Thursday, July 21, 2011

Day 13: 95 Degrees and Climbing

95 degrees and climbing (temps and mountains, I'm punny). Summited Prospect Mountain this morning, talked to a wise/crazy old man perched on a rock. Made a new trail friend Frodo, walked into Salisbury, CT (home of Meryl Streep) to get some deoderant and lemonade...and some bagels so we could sit in the air conditioning for a bit.  Chad taught me how to play chess, then beat me in chess, but at least he drew it out a bit.  Now, 1000 ft up to Mt. Riga shelter for the night.  I'm feelin' hot hot hot.

2 comments:

  1. Hey hun! Be safe out there! I can't imagine how hot you must be hiking in 95 degree weather. Please stay hydrated!! lol I love ya and I'm proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So you chopped off the bottom of the ExLax Thermometer. Let me guess. The message said "Keep GOING"? Crappy pun.

    ReplyDelete